Affiliated to the Bed's County ASA and the East Region ASA, Modernian SC aims to encourage and develop its swimmers to achieve their maximum potential

Junior County Record

1 Bronze Medal , 1 County Record and 3 NQT’s for ASA National Winter Short Course Championships!!!

IMG 6196

Chloe Lence (pictured) had an amazing weekend kicking off with a Bronze and breaking a long-standing Junior county record for 800 Free! She went on to set pb’s in all of her events over the weekend and qualified for the 200 Fly final, which in an open age group for a 14 year old is an achievement!

Sister and brother, Tia and Max Wilson, put in excellent strong swims in 800 and 1500 to gain a NQT’s. Along with Lence they will be off to Sheffield in December!

Jamie McCaffray took over a minute off his sc pb for the 1500 and Oliver Langford shaved nearly 5 seconds off his 200 back sc pb. Nick Stalley and Isabel Wainwright were on their pb’s in their races.

Newly appointed Head Coach, Balázs Sasvári, said ‘I was very proud of our swimmers this weekend in Luton.  And it was good to hear other coaches on poolside comment about the performance of our swimmers! I expected good times especially in longer distances but some swims were even better than I expected.’